Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Washed Out and Small Black

There was a line when I arrived at Granada Theater. It was my first time being at the venue so everything was new and strange for me. I followed some guys into the stage room. I found myself amazed at the beauty of the venue. Also at how large the venue actually was. It looked pretty small from the outside.


The first band, Small Black, were already on stage by the the time I entered. You could hear the synths coming from the keyboard and the lead singer was already into the act. Three minutes in and it seemed that they had been playing for a good while. The majority of the songs they played were from their semi new album, Limits of Desire (2013).


To be honest, the only reason why I wanted to see 'em was for their one song "Stranger".  So I was really waiting for them to play that song. It turned out to be the last song on the set. Overall, the playlist they played was really good. After the concert I bought their album and got three out of four band members signatures- so that was pretty cool. They seem to be really down to earth and the fans didn't seem to phase 'em. Which is a quality I always look for in a band.


The next and final act was Washed Out. I remember they/he came last year and I wanted to see 'em, but I wasn't as into 'em so I decided, if they come again and if I were more into to them, I'd seem 'em- Which I did. I feel like it could've been better, honestly.

And that's not just for Washed Out, but also for Small Black. Although, I did enjoy their act better. I don't know I didn't feel a connection like I usually do when I go to shows. Perhaps it was me who was in an off mood. But either way I did enjoy the concert, even if Washed Out didn't play the songs I really wanted to hear.







Don't forget to follow Music Radar on twitter for music updates. Just look for Music_Radar7. Peace and thanks for reading guys!



Stasia Onyx

No comments:

Post a Comment