Friday, July 11, 2014

Summerland Tour 2014

  

 Spacehog
"All they're gonna play is 'In the Meantime' for their whole setlist.", that's what the guy behind me said. I was suppressing a chuckle, but in my head I was thinking "That's a bit of a douche thing to say."- which is very much true. Although their only hit was "In the Meantime". It doesn't mean that they didn't/don't have other good songs. It just means they weren't good enough for airplay. So when the band came on stage I pitied them because let's be honest what the douche said is what everybody (who didn't know other songs of theirs) was pretty much thinking. Even I was thinking it (so I was the douche too). Then to make matters awkward was that they didn't even start the setlist with one of their songs. They did a cover of Boomtown Rats "I don't like Mondays". The cover was pretty good though. I'm not trying to say that I was expecting it to be bad or anything, but I was a bit surprised. They then played three other old tracks of their own. Which again were actually pretty good. They then played a new song from their new album, As It Is On Earth (2013). The song, Love is a Curious Thing, is the second track on the album. The song sounds good enough to get some airplay, or at least some online airplay. Of course the last track had to be "In The Meantime". And of course everybody started singing along. All in all though they gave a pretty good show. They exceeded my expectations- I should definitely start listening to them. 



   Eve 6 
The next group to come out and rock the stage was Eve 6. I only really listen to "Inside Out". Don't get me wrong I've heard other songs, but uh, I don't remember the titles of the songs. There was this one lady who was a devoted fan. She had an injured left foot and was on this (cool) scooter thing. Throughout the whole concert she was singing and jumping around like she was about to jump off that scooter thing. Haha, but she didn't. Now, she wasn't the only one into the concert, but she showed that she was the biggest fan there- from what I saw. Mostly everybody knew their songs and were signing along. Especially to the last song, which was "Inside Out"- of course. Eve 6 gave a good show, but I have to say that one fan took the spotlight and she's what I remember the most about their show and when they joked about "Inside Out" being known as a one-hit wonder. After the whole concert though the front man (Max Collins) for Eve 6 autographed my ticket. So, that was pretty tight. 


  Soul Asylum
Following was Soul Asylum. By this time the crowd was more riled up and every body was excited. Most of the crowd were signing along during the show. They played most/all their hits from the Grave Dancers Union (1992) album. Dave and the whole band in general sounded pretty much the same and did their best. During the show Max Collins from Eve 6 took the mic and sang. Even Art, from Everclear, joined the stage. Singing with Dave and having and giving a good performance. Towards the end of the show Dave was drenched in sweat. To sum it all up it was a real good show and I'm glad I can say be seem 'em live before. 


   Everclear 
The headliner was now on stage. All band members joined at the front of the stage, dressed in black from head-to-toe. They started off the set with "We can live beside the ocean..." Lyrics from "Santa Monica". They played most of their hit songs and similar to when Soul Asylum was on everybody was signing along. They of course also gave a very good performance. The most memorable of their performance was when most of  the performers went on stage to sing with Everclear. I thought it was really tight and a very memorable way to end a concert. Overall, it was a great ending and they all gave a great show! 




Don't forget to follow Music Radar on twitter for music updates. Just look for Music_Radar7. Peace and thanks for reading guys!

Stasia Onyx

No comments:

Post a Comment