Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Drowners drowned me in despair, but Bully made it worth the experience.

I was totally stoked about this concert because of Drowners. I saw them back in May (Read more about it here) and they were great! So of course I was expecting this concert to either be the same or even better. But oh boy, 5 months can really change a band. I'm going to assume that being on the road for 5 months is restless and that's why they were disappointing for me.


It wasn't their performance that was disappointing, that was pretty much the same as the last time I saw them. Only difference was a band member, but like I said, it didn't affect their performance in anyway. What disappointed me was how they treated the fans. Now I can see why they, more like Matt, treated the fans as if he were scanning them out in a grocery store. However whatever the reason might have been he should've put up a front. It felt as if he was trying to just either take a picture, sign merchandise, or both, then get to the next person.


I was incredibly disappointed, but I guess as the audience grows so does their ego. While their time and gratitude towards the fans just decreases. I guess I shouldn't be too harsh though. Maybe they were just trying to get to everybody, I mean, it was a pretty big crowd who wanted to be with them. I think what irritated me the most was when the fans were waiting for them to come out. They took forever, and like I said I understand being restless and not wanting to do something, but when your whole career is based on a group of people it's best to satisfy them and give them what they want. Not everybody is going to be as understanding and forgiving.



Despite Drowners being a complete disappointment, Bully was pretty good. I had never heard of them before till that night. They were the opening act and I have to say their set was pretty short. They played about six or seven songs. Majority of their songs were fast and had a punk feel to it. The music reminded me of a band from the 90s. I can't put my finger on who they sound like, but it's very familiar. Alicia's, the lead singer, voice also kind of sounded like the lead singer from Moonpools & the Caterpillars (a short lived 90s band that is worth the listen). They're definitely a band to check out. Especially if you like 90s type of music, which I happen to love.


Don't forget to follow Music Radar on twitter for music updates. Just look for Music_Radar7. Peace and thanks for reading guys!





Stasia Onyx

No comments:

Post a Comment