Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sohn with Wet

I was the 10th person in line at the show, which I don't think I've ever been so early to a show. Luckily I was though, because as soon as I got there it felt like a whole bunch of other people started just standing behind me, one after the other. While waiting outside I could hear the opening band playing during their setup. To my surprise they sounded Really good! I hadn't checked them before hand because I was just gonna wait till the concert. I shouldn't have waited! 

Wet; Left to Right: Drummer/percussionist Joe Valle, lead singer Kelly Zutrau, and guitarist Marty Sulkow.


When the doors opened I went directly to the middle of the stage and was able to securely get a first row spot, which I know for a fact has never happened before. It was great and I was extremely excited. The crowd waited patiently for Wet to go on stage. While waiting I met a huge Wet fan, he had one of their vinyls and was super thrilled that he was finally able to see them live. And now that I think back, I wish I had been a major fan before I saw them live. In a way I regret not leaving my front row spot to go buy their album because now all I can find are digital copies, which I hate, haha. But it's definitely worth the buy (for only $4 USD on Bandcamp or of course on iTunes for $5.16 USD).

The three Brooklyn college, now band mates, finally came up on stage after about twenty minutes. They took a while to setup, but when they played, it was all worth the wait. Kelly Zutrau, the lead singer, voice was so timid and perfect with the solemn lyrics about break-up and such. Everything tied in with each other beautifully, and I was horribly devastated when they finished their set. It was too short, I wanted more, still do even as I write this. 


Earlier this year I heard a song from Sohn, Bloodflows. I fell in love with it. It was on repeat everyday for several weeks. I then explored out, in search of more songs by Sohn, and just as easily, fell in love with his other tracks. As said on his Web page, he'll be working on a new album this year. So we'll be hearing new tracks from him pretty soon. However, 'till then all I have are the memories from last week, which will do for now, I suppose.

He played an hour long set and did a two song encore. Sohn played all his songs from his debut album Tremors, which you can but from 4AD, iTunesAmazon, and other mediums. The show was great, he was so in tune, and so focused on what he was playing. It was like watching a scientist performing a lab- an artist create a masterpiece. Sohn didn't move much while performing, but that didn't stop the crowd from dancing and/or singing along with him. It was a pretty live room, although there were some folks who preferred to stand and just listen to Sohn perform. His show was about an hour long and afterwards he immediately went back to his tour bus. I didn't stay after the show, but I later found out that he (and Wet) took the time to take pictures with fans and sign their albums and T-shirts. 



Don't forget to follow Music Radar on twitter for music updates. Just look for Music_Radar7. Peace and thanks for reading guys!

Stasia Onyx


No comments:

Post a Comment