Thursday, January 29, 2015

Giraffage, Spazzkid, Datahowler

I walked into Three Links, very unsure as to where to go, reason being that I had never been to the venue. It was a pretty small venue and easy to get around, I had no problem finding the stage. I went directly towards the crowd, and found myself in the middle with a not-so-good view to see who I have been dying to see for the longest now, Giraffage. They came, back in September at South Side Ballroom, but the tickets were like $40 and Giraffage wasn't even headlining. So I decided not to go to the concert.

About 10 minutes after I arrived Datahowler came on stage. Datahowler is a one-man band, consisting of only Ross Edman who is also a "producer, designer, and wizard", as described on his Bandcamp page. He welcomed and thanked everybody for coming out to the show and mentioned that he's so excited that the show was sold out, which I had no idea it was, haha. Then I noticed that the venue was filled to almost capacity, which shocked me because I have no idea where they came from. Datahowler played about five or six songs that were pretty good and it got the crowds' blood flowing.

Mark Redito of Spazzkid
Spazzkid however, got the crowds' blood pumping. The L.A based producer, Mark Redito,  introduced himself and didn't hesitate to start the show. He immediately started putting down some beats and producing one of his works. The song that stood out the most to me was Getting To Know You and Truly (feat. Sarah Bonito). The crowd loved it as well, which I assume is a fan favorite. Spazzkid's show lasted for about a good hour. And although a lot of people in the crowd and me including were sad that he was leaving, it also meant Giraffage was coming up. I was so excited.

Charli Yin quietly came up on stage, making sure all his equipment was set and ready to wow us. Although Charli, the only member of Giraffage, came up the stage quietly, he left the crowd in ecstasy! Now Giraffage, got the crowds blood rushing through their bodies. He started the set with my absolute favorite song, and the reason why I was at the concert to begin with, All That Matters. The show lasted for about a little over an hour. However, it felt as if it was only for thirty minutes. It didn't take long for the crowd to get into his music.In about the second song the crowd was jumping with the beats he was putting down. You could tell on everybodys face, inculding mine, that they were having a great time. After the show he came out, about ten mintues later, and met with fans, talking, and taking pictures.

Don't forget to follow Music Radar on twitter for music updates. Just look for Music_Radar7. Peace and thanks for reading guys!

Stasia Onyx

Charlie Yin of Giraffage

No comments:

Post a Comment